Barb's story - how Wings of Hope helped when it really counted
In the news
Thank you to our local media, especially our longtime supporter, The Calgary Herald, for sharing the work we do:
- Wings of Hope makes difference for cancer victims - by Bill Brooks, Calgary Herald, September 24, 2016
- Wings of Hope give a financial boost to those living with breast cancer - by Shelley Boettcher, Calgary Herald, September 9, 2016
- Wings of Hope Luncheon aids cancer patients - by Bill Brooks, Calgary Herald October 31, 2014
- Wings of Hope gives financial assistance to those facing breast cancer - by Shelley Boettcher, Calgary Herald October 7, 2014
- Wings of Hope luncheon an inspiration - by Bill Brooks, Calgary Herald November 15, 2013
- Tackling breast cancer with Beauty - by Shelley Boettcher, Calgary Herald October 3, 2013
- Breast cancer patients have help at hand - by Bill Brooks, Calgary Herald November 3, 2012
- Breast cancer fundraiser to feature Calgary jewelry designer's work - by Melissa Lampman, Calgary Herald July 30, 2012
In their own words
We're honoured to share these videos and testimonials, below, from our founders, supporters and those whom we've helped.
April 15, 2015 ~ Ann Speer
The Beauty Program has helped me in so many ways to remove the roadblocks that are in front of us as we are presented with an illness such as cancer. Helping hands have reached out to guide me, to make me stronger and have given me hope for the future. I have never been given so much care and love and kindness and through all of this I became a new person, stronger, more empathy for other cancer patients and not focusing on myself.
These woman and men guide us, they are the Angels, the Wings of Hope with their loving attitude, their attention to everyone of us, I feel so privileged to be in this positive environment!! There are not enough words to express my gratitude for this life changing experience!
March 2015 ~ Maeve Spain
The BEAUTY Program has been a lifeline and an inspiration to me. It was like a warm hug in my darkest of chemo days and a ray of sunshine to keep me going. I can’t thank the volunteers enough for their help and encouragement which made me feel so welcome and we shared many laughs. It was wonderful to connect with others going through cancer treatment and be able to exercise and share our stories in this supportive, caring environment.
March 15, 2015 ~ Anonymous BEAUTY program participant
The Beauty program for breast cancer patients undergoing treatment was a key part of my treatment. I looked forward to the morale boost of working out with the other women and appreciated the humour and expert advice from the trainers. The connections we have made continue months later. I appreciate the ongoing support from these friends as I continue my battle with cancer.
February 27, 2015 ~ Anonymous Gift of Hope hamper recipient
My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last November and times right now are really hard on the family financially so this gift bag really helped out a lot. I really appreciate all of you taking your time and money to help out people in need, you are all angels. I truly thank you, you have no idea how much it actually helped, bless you all.
December 27, 2014 ~ Anonymous Gift of Hope hamper recipient
With my humble language and way of expressing my utmost gratitude, I would like to extend my deepest heartfelt thanks to each and everyone who participated in creating a wonderful gift for me. You touched my heart to the cores, feeling that there was people who make the world a better place and who care for one another. Thank you for your kindness and for presenting humanity in its best form.